Spain – Make your next cheap holiday to Spain memorable by enjoying its many exciting tourist destinations. Many holiday goers enjoy visiting Spain’s beaches, shopping districts and museums. Spain is known to have world class golf courses, water sports (scuba diving, boating, sailing), and excellent skiing locations. Spain rich history can be discovered throughout the country as well as in its many museums. If wine tasting is what you are looking for, Spain has the largest area of vineyards in Europe and is known for its wide variety of wines. Tourists take pleasure in Spain climate, which ranges from Oceanic in the north and Mediterranean in the south.
Points of Interest for Cheap Holidays to Spain:
- Barcelona – Barcelona is home to many theatre and live music venues, such as the Grand Teatre del Liceu opera theatre and the Teatre Lliure. Barcelona is also has many museums tourist enjoy on their holiday in Spain, including the National Nusuem of Art of Catolonia, Picasso Museum, and the Cosmocaixa (winner of the Europe Museum of the Year Award 2006). Located in the Port of Barcelona is the Maremagnum, a large commercial mall. The Maremagnum is the only commercial mall allowed to be open on Sundays and public holidays in Barcelona. Make sure to take in a game of football on your holiday in Spain with watching FC Barcelona play a thrilling game.
- Madrid – Madrid is the capital of Spain and is home to the AC Madrid football club. Madrid is known for its hopping nightlife. Popular night clubs in Madrid are Bilbao, Tribunal and Moncloa. Located in the city of Madrid is the Auditorio Nacional de M&aucute;sica, which features the Spanish National Orchestra. The Museo del Prado, the Museo Thysseen – Bornemisza and the Museum of the Americans are all located in Madrid and are a must see on your holiday in Spain. Madrid has the largest bull fighting arena in Spain, the Plara de Toros. Also located in Madrid is the Las Ventas, which is the world’s centre of bull fighting. Bull fighting runs from March to October in Madrid.
- Valencia – The city of Valencia has become quiet the holiday destination. The city has restored many old landmarks, such as the Serrano Towers and the Quart Towers. Valencia also has many convention centers and several 5 star hotels. Valencia has hot summers and located in the southern portion of Spain. The nightlife in Valencia is fantastic. Valencia has alternative bars and clubs located in its Camen district, student nightlife can be found in Blasco Ibáñez and Benimaclet, and the mainstream nightlife is located in Cánovos and Joan Llorens. In the summer nightclubs are open on the beaches and at the Port of Valencia.
- Balearic Islands – The Balearic Islands are located in the Mediterranean Sea. The four islands that make up the Balearic are: Majorca, Minorca, Ibiza, and Formentera. All four islands are popular holiday destinations. Tourists enjoy the long golden beaches and the many water sport activities, such as snorkeling and boating. Other popular activities on the Balearic Islands include hiking, golf, cycling, and scuba diving.
- Canary Islands – The Canary Islands are located just off the northwest coast of Africa. Ten islands make up the Canary, with Tenerife, Gran Canaria, and Lanzarote being the most popular holiday destinations. The most popular tourist location in the Canary Islands is Reide National Park, where Mount Teide is located. Mount Teide is on Tenerife and is third largest volcano in the world. Other popular holiday activities are par taking in a day at the beach, snorkeling, scuba diving or visiting the many tourist attractions, such as Sioux City on the island of Gran Canaria.
Spain has much to offer for a memorable cheap holiday, from its gorgeous beaches on either the Balearic Islands or Canary Islands to enjoying a day sightseeing the historical monuments of Valencia. You will not be disappointed when you book your next cheap holiday to Spain.