Cheap holidays to Tenerife provides many excellent opportunities for enjoying the beaches and water sport activities, visiting must see natural landmarks, and resort towns to rejuvenate oneself at. The island of Tenerife is the largest island of the seven Canary Island and is part of Spain. Many on holiday to Tenerife visit the southern portion of the island due to the warmer and drier climate of the region. The island of Tenerife is home to the third largest volcano measured from it base in the world, the El Teide. The Carnival of Santa Cruz de Tenerife is also held on the island and is one of the world’s most well known and visited carnival. The island of Tenerife has a great deal of entertaining and thrilling activities and adventures to pair take in while for those looking for cheap holidays to Tenerife.
Points of Interest for Cheap Holidays to Tenerife:
- Carnival of Santa Cruz de Tenerife – The Carnival of Santa Cruz de Tenerife is one of the world’s largest carnivals, second only to Rio de Janeiro, which is held in Brazil. The Carnival of Santa Cruz de Tenerife is held every February and officially starts on the Friday prior to Ash Wednesday with the Announcement Parade. The carnival ends on Ash Wednesday with the Burial of the Sardine. While the carnival is ongoing, thousands of participates in the Carnival of Santa Cruz de Tenerife wear costumes. The carnival is ongoing, there are parties and celebrations happening all day and night.
- El Teide – The El Teide volcano is the largest volcano in Spain and is the third largest in the world when measuring from the base of the volcano to its peak. The El Teide volcano is an active volcano. The volcano is located in the Teide National Park. This volcano is the second most visited international tourist volcanic sites in the world, just behind Mt. Fuji of Japan. The park offers a 10-minute cable lift up the volcano (3550 meters). The view is amazing, allowing any one to take in the beauty of the island. This is a most see for anyone on holiday to Tenerife.
- Water Sports – With the many beaches located on Tenerife, one can only expect there to many water activities on the island. Some popular water sports are scuba diving, boating (including speed boating), surfing, wind surfing, and jet skiing. One can also just relax on the beach and enjoy a nice sunny day of sunbathing. Many of the beaches have darker or black sand due to the volcanic activities of the island. Some resorts have imported yellow sand to make their beaches more attractive to those on cheap holidays to Tenerife.
- Resort Towns – On the island of Tenerife are many resorts that provide much to offer for anyone on holiday. Two of the most popular resort destinations on Tenerife are Playa de las Américas and Los Cristianos.
- Playa de las Américas – Playa de las Américas was built between the cities of Arona and Adeja in the southern portion of the Tenerife. It is on the Atlantic Ocean and has much to offer in regards to water sports activities. The beaches have imported yellow sand, providing a cleaner look to its beaches. Playa de las Américas features bars, nightclubs, restaurants and other attractions. The nightlife of Playa de las Américas is centered around Veronicas Strip, Starco Commerical and the Patch.
- Los Cristianos – Los Cristianos is also located in the southern portion of Tenerife, close to Playa de las Américas. Los Cristianos was originally a small fishing village, but has since been developed into a wonderful resort town. In this resort town, one can stay at hotel, a self-catering apartment or a timeshare resort. The port of Los Cristianos provides the opportunity for those on holiday to do some whale and dolphin watching. The port is also is home to party cruises. The town of Los Cristianos has 2 yellow sand beaches as well as many bars and restaurant for tourist to enjoy.
Tenerife is an amazing place to visit when looking for cheap holidays. Tenerife has many nature wonders to see, including beaches and the third largest volcano in the world. It has many resorts to spend days relaxing, rejuvenating and reviving oneself at. The island of Tenerife has much to offer when one is considering where to book their next cheap holiday to.