Maldives: Maldives is located in the Indian Ocean and officially known as The Republic of Maldives. Maldives is a collection of roughly 1,190 islets, with nearly 200 of those being inhibited. Scattered around the islets of Maldives are nearly 90 resorts, making Maldives a perfect place for your next holiday. Maldives straddles the equator, resulting in temperatures ranging from 24 degrees Celsius (75 degrees Fahrenheit) to 33 degrees Celsius (91 degrees Fahrenheit). The islets are humid, but a constant cool sea breeze keeps the air moving, making Maldives a relaxing and enjoying holiday destination.
Points of Interest for Cheap Holidays to Maldives:
- Scuba Diving – The excellent water clarity of the Indian Ocean around the islets of Maldives allows for wonderful scuba diving. Located around the islets are over 2,000 coral reefs and sandbars. The coral reefs and sandbars are plentiful of sea life, including manta rays, sharks, dolphins, and powderblue surgeonfish. A few shipwrecks can also be explored while scuba diving in these areas. The most popular diving area in the Maldives islets would be Banana Reef.
- Water Sports – Besides scuba diving, many other water activities can be found on the islets of Maldives. Fishing is one of the more popular ones, especially for red snappers. Other popular water sports activities include catamaran rides, wind surfing, parasailing, speedboats, and surfing. If water sports really are not your thing, many of the resorts offer massage on the beach by a beach masseur or a day in one of their spas.
- Cuisine – The cuisine of Maldives are superb. The Maldives cuisines mainly resolve around fish, most commonly Tuna. Some well-liked Maldives cuisines are: Bambukeylu Hiti (breadfruit curry), Keemia (deep fried fish rolls), Bajiya (pastry stuffed with fish, coconut and onions), and Theluimas (fried fish with chili and garlic).
- Popular Resorts – The Maldives islets are home to nearly 90 resorts, each featuring many activities to enjoy on your holiday as well as unique staying arrangements. Several of the more popular resorts are listed below:
- Huvafen Fushi – The Huvafen Fushi resort of Maldives offers forty-three ‘naturally modern’ bungalows and pavilions. The resort has 24 hour Island Assistance and a 24 hour bungalow dining facility. The Huvafen Fushi resort is home to the world’s first underwater spa, the Lime Spa.
- Angsana Resort – The Angsana Resort is located on the Velavaru islet, also known as “Turtle Island”. The resort features scuba diving, snorkeling, explorations, dolphin spotting, and the award winning Angsana spa.
- Paradise Island – Paradise Island resort has beach bungalows and over water villas to stay in. The resort is located on the North Male Atoll. It has white sand beaches and a clear lagoon. Paradise Island resort offers a wide range of sports, both in and out of the water. The resort is also known as Lankanfinolhu.
The Maldives islets have much to offer for a spectacular holiday. The islets of Maldives have wonderful beaches, world-class resorts and spas, and many water activities to enjoy. You will not be disappointed when you book your next cheap holiday to Maldives.