Paris, France – Paris is one of the world’s most visited holiday destinations. Paris is known for its rich history and art, fabulous cuisines, unique cafes and boutiques shops, and must see monuments. Paris is home to many opera houses, museums, and the Tour de France. Many tourists on holiday enjoy taking an enchanting walk down the Canal Saint-Martin via either the Quais de Valmy or the de Jemappes. The Louvre is also a very popular spot and houses the Mona Lisa and the Venus de Milo statue. The Louvre is the world’s most visited museum. Another highly visited museum in Paris is the Musee Carnavalet which is best known for its charting the history of Paris.
Points of Interest for Cheap Holidays to Paris:
- Eiffel Tower – The Eiffel Tower offers tours. The Eiffel Tower is the world’s most visited paid monument and has seen over 200 million visitors since it was built in 1889. The Eiffel Tower has two restaurants, the Altitude 95 located 95 m (311 ft) above sea level and the Jules Verne, which is located on the second floor.
- Musee D’Orsay – The Musee D’Orsay museum is located on the banks of the Seine River. The Musee D’Orsay houses photography, paintings, and sculptures from well known artist, such as Van Gogh, Renoir, Degas, Monet, and Manet. The building that is now the Musee D’Orsay was originally built as a railway station, but due to the stations short platforms, it was unable to accommodate longer trains. The building was fully converted to a museum in 1986.
- Cathedral Notre-Dame de Paris – The Cathedral Notre-Dame de Paris is one world’s best known Roman Catholic cathedral. It was build right alongside the Seine River. The Cathedral was built in 1160 and was one of the first cathedrals to be built during the Gothic period. Notre-Dame de Paris is the official cathedral of the Catholic archdiocese of Paris, which is the church of the Archbishop of Paris.
- Disneyland Paris -Disneyland Paris is located in Narbe-la-Vallée, a suburb in the eastern portion of Paris. Disneyland Paris is contains two theme parks, Disney Resort and Walt Disney Studios Park. The theme park includes rides, retail, dining and entertainment districts, as well as seven hotels on its property. Other recreational activities located at Disneyland Paris are Disney Village and Golf Disneyland.
- Napoleon’s Tomb – Napoleon died on an the Isle of St. Helena in exile. In the 1840s, his remains were returned to France and a memorial was build for him. The memorial chronicles Napoleon’s victories. On the same grounds that house Napoleon’s Tomb, visitors can also visit Musee de I’Armee, a French war museum.
Paris has much to offer for a memorable cheap holiday. Paris has many museums to explorer, romantic resorts and cafes to enjoy, and plenty of monuments and history to take in. You will not be disappointed if you booked your next cheap holiday to Paris.
More information can be found to other nearby cheap holiday destinations on the following pages: Cheap Holidays to France.