A cheap holiday to France will be one of the memorable holidays you will take. France is the world’s most popular tourist destination. Many holiday goers enjoy visiting France for its rich cultural history, superb cuisines, beaches and ski resorts. The country of France is the third largest country in Europe and is part of the European Union (EU). The currency of France is the Euro. France’s extensive railway system, which is ranked number one in Europe, makes it easy for those on holiday to get around the country. Many tourists on holiday to France enjoy relaxing at a beach during the summer months and skiing down a mountain in the Alps during the winter months.
Points of Interest a Cheap Holiday to France:
- Paris – The city of Paris is a very popular holiday destination in France. Paris is home to many opera houses, museums, and the Eiffel Tower. The Louvre Museum is located in Paris and is where one can view some of the world’s most valuable artwork, including the Mona Lisa and the Venus de Milo statue. Paris is considered one of the most romantic cities in the world, making it the perfect location for a honeymoon or to celebrate one’s anniversary.
- Disneyland Paris – Disneyland Paris is also known as Euro Disney. It is located in Narbe-la-Vallée, a suburb in the eastern portion of Paris. Disneyland Paris is contains two theme parks, Disney Resort and Walt Disney Studios Park. The theme park includes amusement rides, retail stores, dining and an entertainment district. There are also seven hotels located on in Disneyland Paris. Other recreational activities located at Disneyland Paris are Disney Village, Walt Disney Studio Park and Golf Disneyland.
- Bordeaux – Many consider the wine produced in Bordeaux, France to be amongst the finest in the world. Within the city of Bordeaux an annual summer wine festival is held. This wine festival is held in conjunction with the &quolt;Bordeaux-fete-le-fleuve&quort; While in Bordeaux make sure to visit the Victory Arch, which is located right the center of La Victoire. Also visit the two museums located within Bordeaux, the Musee d’art Contemporain and the Musee D’Aquitaine.
- French Alps – The French Alps are located on the France-Italy border. The French Alps are a great place for skiing and mountaineering. Downhill and cross country skiing are both popular in the mountains of the French Alps. Two must see geological wonders in the French Alps are Mont Blanc, the tallest mountain in the Alps mountain range and Lake Geneva, one of the largest fresh water lakes in Europe.
- Lyons – Many historical sites are located in Lyons, France. A large number of these historical sites are well preserved and date back to when the Romans founded the city. The city of Lyons host one of the most popular festivals in France, the Fête des lumiéres, which is also known as the Festival of Lights. Lyons is home to at least nine museums and Jardin botanique de Lyon, a municipal botanical garden.
France has a lot to offer for an incredible cheap holiday, from its historical landmarks to many outdoor activities. Many holiday goers enjoy the romantic city of Paris and the family friendly Disneyland Paris theme Park. You will not be disappointed when you book your next cheap holiday to France.
More information can be found to other nearby cheap holiday destinations on the following pages: Cheap Holidays to Paris.