Caribbean – The Caribbean is located in the Caribbean Sea. The Caribbean is made up of over 7,000 islands, each having its own unique adventures to discover. Numerous companies offer cruises, charters, and boat tours in the Caribbean. The most popular holiday destinations in the Caribbean are: British Virgin Islands, Dominican Republic, Bermuda, Cayman Islands, Jamaica and the U.S. Virgin Islands. The climate of the Caribbean is tropical.
Points of Interest for a holiday in the Caribbean:
- Jamaica – Jamaica is the third largest island in the Caribbean. Jamaica has many popular beaches with crystal clear water and near white sand, including Doctor’s Cave Beach. Port Antonio is popular holiday destination for Hollywood (USA) rich and famous. This city is was at one time know as “The Banana Capital of the World”. Negril is a popular holiday spot for families and spring breakers. Many honeymooners find Jamaica a great place to celebrate the beginning of their marriage.
- British Virgin Islands – The British Virgin Islands is one of the world’s best locations for sailing. Other popular activities on this holiday destination are: visiting it’s many white sand beaches, snorkeling the coral reefs, and visiting the well known bars of Jost Van Dyke. The British Virgin Islands are also a popular stopping spot for Caribbean cruise ships.
- Cayman Islands – The Cayman Islands are a collection of three islands, the Grand Cayman, Little Cayman, and Cayman Brac. All three islands are known for snorkeling and allowing tourist a chance to swim with stingrays. The Grand Cayman island is home to the Seven Mile Beach, which recently won the “The Caribbean’s Best Beach” from Caribbean Travel and Life Magazine. Several shipwrecks which tourist can explore are located off the island of Cayman Brac.
- Dominican Republic – The Dominican Republic is becoming one the world’s most popular holiday destination for Ecotourism (low impact on the environment). Besides being an Ecotourism destination, the Dominican Republic other popular holiday locations are San Souci Port and the Moon Palace Resort in Punta Cana. The Dominican Republic is also known for its wonderful tropical weather.
- The Bahamas – The Bahamas is located at the north-east of the Caribbean Sea. There are over 700 island and is located just 80 km (50 miles) off the shore of Florida (USA). The Bahamas is home to the world’s third largest barrier reef and boast the world’s clearest water. The Bahamas also has world class golf resorts.
The Caribbean has much to offer for a memorable cheap holiday. Caribbean has many islands to explorer, beautiful beaches and resorts to enjoy, and plenty of water activities such as snorkeling and boating. You will not be disappointed if you booked your next cheap holiday to the Caribbean.