Australia Australia, also known as “The Outback”, is considered to be the largest island on the planet. Australia holds the title of the third most popular holiday destination in the world. This country is known for its beaches, wildlife and scenic terrain. Located just north-east of Australia is the world’s largest coral reef, the Great Barrier Reef. Australia is home to many sport teams, including world class team for rugby, football, and cricket. Wine making and tasting is popular in Australia as well.
Points of Interest for Cheap Holidays to Australia:
- Sydney – Sydney is the most popular holiday destination in Australia. Sydney is located in New South Wales, which is on the west side of Australia. Sydney is home to the Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge. Also located in Sydney are the Royal Botanic Gardens, Australia Museum, and the Museum of Contemporary Art. Sydney has nearly 40 beaches to enjoy.
- Melbourne – Melbourne is located in Australia “rust belt”. Melbourne is home to the Australian Grand Prix and the Crown Casino. The Southern Star (observation wheel) is located in the Dockland district of Melbourne. Other popular holiday destinations in Melbourne are the Etihad Stadium (which is the home field of 5 AFL teams), Webb Bridge (located in Yarra’s Edge), and Batman’s Hill, which has many hotels, retail shops, restaurants, and cultural sites.
- Darwin – Darwin is located in the Northern Territory. Darwin is known for its picture perfect sunsets, which can be seen from Mindel Beach. Mindel Beach has a popular market, which is known as the Mindil Beach Sunset Market. You will also find the Museum and Art Gallery of the Northern Territory, which has a great collection of Aboriginal artwork. About 150 km (93 miles) to the east of Darwin is Kakadu National Park.
- Tasmania – Tasmania is an island state located south of the Australian mainland. In Tasmania you will find the Tasmanian Symphony Orchestra. Spread across the island are many vineyards (wine makers) and beer breweries. A popular biennial cultural festival that takes place on the island of Tasmania is the 10 Days on the Island. Fishing for wild brown trout is also a very popular holiday activity.
- Brisbane – Brisbane is the capital of the Australian state of Queensland. The city is located on the Brisbane River. You will also find in Brisbane 22 km (17 miles) of bicycle trails, mostly surrounding the Brisbane River. The South Bank Parklands, City Botanic Garden, and Brisbone Forest. The Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary, which is the world’s first Koala sanctuary is located in the city of Brisbane.
Australia has much to offer for a memorable cheap holiday. Australia has many museums to visit, romantic beaches to enjoy, a vast outback to explore, and plenty of sites to see. You will not be disappointed if you booked your next cheap holiday to Australia.